Full Truckload For Any Move.
Knichel Logistics has all of your full truckload needs met via our one-stop-shop truck brokerage division. Our highly experienced customer service teams are assigned to specific accounts in order to know your shipping needs inside and out. With best in class technology, our teams are able to be proactive which ensures that you have the most seamless experience possible.
Our expansive carrier network consists of over 10,000 pre-qualified carriers that span throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. That number continues to grow as our in-house carrier procurement specialists vet new potential partners daily.
Whether you require a simple dry van, one stop movement or a complex special project, give Knichel Logistics’ Over the Road division a call and our transportation specialists will help you get your freight on the road.
What is Truckload?
Truckload is a term that refers to shipments that fill a full truck that is moved over the road. Generally speaking, any shipment larger than less than truckload should be moved via truckload (or intermodal, depending on transit time constraints). Truckload carriers typically move directly from the shipper to a consignee. On occasion, two or more larger LTL shipments can be consolidated onto one trailer, which is called a multi-stop truckload. Typically though, freight traveling via truckload travels as “exclusive use”. Unlike with LTL, freight class is not important in truckload. Maximum cargo weight per standard 53′ trailer is 45,000 lbs.
Truckload pricing is based on cost-per-mile and changes daily – it is typically more expensive than intermodal and LTL. Trucks with a single driver can cover up to 550 miles per day while a team of two drivers can cover up to 1,100 miles per day. Keep in mind that hours of service rules require no more than 11 hours of driving per 24 hour time period.
Benefits of Truckload:
- Fast transit time. There is no handling of the product by the driver or stopping at terminals involved.
- Low claims. Industry average is less than 1%.
- Pricing. Truckload pricing is based on cost-per-mile (CPM) for individual lanes, which makes it easy to price.
- Invoicing simplicity. There are no re-classes or re-weighs.
Truckload Services Offered:
- Dry Van (Standard), Flatbed, Specialized Equipment
- Temperature Controlled (Refrigerated/Reefer)
- Over-Dimensional/Over-Weight Freight
- Expedited Service, Team Service, Drayage Service
- Dedicated Moves
- Special Projects