Knichel Logistics has grown under the philosophy that its employees are truly its greatest asset.
Since opening in 2003, several of our veteran staff members that were here from the first day still work for Knichel Logistics. Our high employee retention rate goes hand in hand with being an extension of our customers’ operations and consequently their high rates of satisfaction with our services. Knichel Logistics also had the honor of being named one of the Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA” for seven consecutive years!
If you are interested in joining a company that is committed to its employees, Knichel Logistics is the place for you. Please send your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com.
Intermodal Account Manager
We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join our intermodal team. As an Intermodal Account Manager at Knichel Logistics, you will be helping customers move their freight in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing logistics solutions. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Contacting customers to update them on their existing shipments.
- Cultivating relationships to grow the Intermodal Account Manager book of business.
- Entering and scheduling shipments within Knichel Logistics’ transportation management system.
- Performing daily customer service and operations support as required.
- Identify opportunities to further penetrate accounts by leveraging Knichel Logistics’ full suite of transportation solutions.
- Follow-up with the customer on quotes and pricing and provide any feedback to the appropriate department and personnel.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining customer standard operating procedures.
- Communicate any issues and shipment exceptions to the customer while leveraging the appropriate internal resources to ensure any issue or exception is handled appropriately and timely.
- All other duties and tasks as may be necessary to achieve company goals and objectives or as may be directed from time to time by the Intermodal Operations Manager.
Carrier Procurement Representative – Brokerage Division/OTR
The primary function of the OTR Carrier Procurement Representative position is to secure OTR capacity to transport the shipments of Knichel Logistics’ customers in the most efficient and cost-effective manner while abiding by all customer and Knichel performance and carrier selection requirements. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Utilize carrier relationships, available equipment reports, Knichel’s operating system and various load-boards to book carriers on available Knichel OTR shipments.
- Create, develop and maintain a core carrier base through phone calls, emails, and booking shipments.
- Responsible for supporting the department’s carrier procurement initiatives as directed by department and company leadership.
- Responsible for approving and entering carrier packets into Knichel’s operating system per department and company guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for tracking and tracing all shipments booked by coordinator and to assist with other shipments as needed and directed.
- Will assist OTR operations and support as needed in scheduling pick-up and delivery appointments per customer requirements while assuring the appointments can be made by the carrier that is booked on the shipment.
- Will support all services within the OTR department to include full truckload, expedited, partial and Less-than-Truckload (LTL shipments) as directed by department management.
- May be required to perform the duties of OTR Operations/Support and OTR Inside Account Manager as directed by management including but not limited to entering loads into Knichel’s TMS system and speaking to customers on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for providing to the OTR Operations Manager timely and detailed information on all matters concerning negative or problematic carrier performance and/or any other problems that potentially are or may become customer service problems; this includes information on actions taken and/or planned to correct the problem(s).
The primary function of the Account Executive position is to create a book of business through cold calling industry leads while building and cultivating strong relationships that will lead to revenue and gross profit growth. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Frequent contact consists of daily calls and emails to support the Account Executives sales pipeline which include cold leads, prospects, new opportunities and ultimately winning business.
- Provide pricing to potential and current customers that will lead to winning business and hitting gross profit targets.
- Be the liaison and serve as a quarterback between the customer and various departments within Knichel Logistics.
- Take charge of any customer issues and follow through to the point of resolution.
- Responsible for creating internal standard operating procedures for their customers and serve as the quarterback to ensure all appropriate internal departments and personnel understand those procedures and rules of engagement.
- Work with the appropriate internal departments and personnel to communicate any issues and shipment exceptions to the customer while leveraging the appropriate internal resources to ensure any issue or exception is handled appropriately and timely.
- Will be responsible for effectively communicating to various internal departments and personnel to ensure all efforts are aligned to best support continued sustainable growth of the Account Executive’s book of business.
- Responsible for providing to the President as directed a detailed pipeline report.
- All other duties and tasks as may be necessary to achieve company goals and objectives or as may be directed from time to time by the President.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required for all Open Positions:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment to consist of high phone call and email volume.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize various operating systems and other technologies associated with the 3PL industry.
- Significant multitasking ability and priority management.
- Attention to detail and confident decision making skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Enthusiasm and high energy.
- Ability to work with-in and succeed in a team environment.
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate and influence others.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Must be proficient in the use and application of information technology to enhance productivity and facilitate operations management. This includes computer based productivity software (i.e. MS Word and Excel).
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education: High school or equivalent