Knichel Logistics has grown under the philosophy that its employees are truly its greatest asset.
Since opening in 2003, several of our veteran staff members that were here from the first day still work for Knichel Logistics. Our high employee retention rate goes hand in hand with being an extension of our customers’ operations and consequently their high rates of satisfaction with our services. Knichel Logistics also had the honor of being named one of the Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA” for seven consecutive years!
If you are interested in joining a company that is committed to its employees, Knichel Logistics is the place for you. Please send your resume with the title of the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Positions (Full Time)
CARRIER PROCUREMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Knichel Logistics is an industry leading and award winning freight brokerage company that specializes in intermodal, LTL and full-truckload services. We are currently accepting resumes for a Carrier Procurement Representative to work within Knichel’s truckload brokerage division.
The Carrier Procurement Representative manages the daily operation of full truckload shipments, to include but not limited to, booking and scheduling shipments and negotiating and securing truckload capacity. The Carrier Procurement Rep will be cold calling carriers, reviewing current market trends, negotiating competitive rates, and booking available shipments. In addition, the Carrier Procurement Rep will work along with other members of the team to provide scheduling and tracking updates for all shipments, while complying and adhering to all policies and procedures set forth by the various regulatory bodies.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategically match, negotiate, and book available equipment with available freight.
- Advise and make recommendations of available capacity to fulfill customer’s needs and requirements.
- Source and procure truckload carrier capacity to fulfill customer freight requirements.
- Research and analyze truckload market trends, including load to truck ratio, in assigned geographic areas and regions.
- Establish and maintain carrier relationships to expand future business opportunities.
- Promote brand awareness within current and existing carrier partners.
- Follow customer standard operating procedures during the booking and dispatching process.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate phone and email etiquette with internal and external customers.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a team-based environment.
- Self-starter with a willingness and desire to succeed.
- Strong people skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Creative thinking and strategic problem solving techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Must be able to work independently, and proceed with objectives without direct supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, goal driven, learn quickly and adapt to change easily.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess high energy and assertive attitude.
- Must have punctuality and good attendance.
SENIOR DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Knichel Logistics seeks a Senior Director of Operations to be responsible for working directly under the supervision of the COO managing the company’s operating divisions, supervising staff and handling duties for upper management. You will be a central point of contact coordinating the COO’s activities and ensuring preparation of relevant documents, working on the front lines to handle issues before they rise to the COO’s attention and be a sounding board for the COO. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential.
What attributes will make you successful in this role?
- You are organized with strong follow-up capability and able to work at appropriate levels of detail relative to the task at hand.
- You are a great critical thinker, able to collect, synthesize and interpret data in service of planning and decision-making.
- You love to solve problems and you are creative at it.
- You are humble, have a good sense of boundaries and appropriate professional behavior.
What will you do as the Senior Director of Operations?
- Communicate with the COO to determine daily/weekly priorities, and ensure they are met, respected, and adjusted as necessary.
- Conduct research and gathering statistics to make qualified recommendations to the COO continue driving quality improvement, efficiency, productivity improvement throughout the organization.
- Manage day-to-day activities to include; manage employees, ensure deadlines are met, and work is completed correctly.
- Prepare any necessary reports, analysis, ROI and make presentations as necessary.
- Develop and continually improve operating processes and KPI’s.
What should you bring to the role?
- 10+ years of related business experience demonstrating an increase in responsibilities including 5+ years of managerial experience preferred in logistics supply chain, supplier and/or buying.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven hands-on leader who could combine analytical, operational and strategic expertise.
- Ability to comply with company and industry standards and procedures while remaining solution oriented and creative with approaches.
- Knowledge of industry specific systems/technology is a plus, for example Transportation management systems.
Please note, relocation benefits are not being offered for this opportunity.
No third party recruiters.